Sunday, January 31, 2010

You Tube!!

I love You Tube! Mostly I love it for its ridiculously hilarious videos. They are a great "time waster." I have also found that you tube can be a great tool to use in the education system. The kids, especially teenagers, really relate to it. If you can, as an administrator, encourage your teachers to use You Tub, say once a week, the kids would respond well. You might even use it as a tool in staff developments. There are so many useful videos. For new teachers, you can easily access the Harry Wong videos; he is amazing to watch for new teachers. The funny thing is that at our school you tube is a "blocked" website, so we have to find sneaky ways to even use it at school. I definitely understand why it is blocked, but I do wish there was some way to make it accessible only to teachers and administrators. There is, however a site called "teachertube" that has numerous educational videos.

I posted a video link to my cheerleaders' nationals performance last year. They went to the big show and placed 4th! It was on ESPN and everything. I was quite proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment