Monday, January 25, 2010

The Cycle

Today is an odd sort of day. I am feeling apprehensive about turning 25 this week. It's not that I am not excited; my car insurance will go down and I can now rent a car! The thing that is scary is that I can remember just turning 20 like it was yesterday. Time goes so fast, too fast. What happened to those carefree days of my existence? I know that I have so much to look forward to, a wedding, finishing grad school and children (eventually). I just don't want to forget anything or leave anything out of my life.

I started pondering this mostly because today I have to attend a memorial service for the husband of a co-worker who just lost his short, but gruesome battle with cancer. I worry for Jana and her children, who I know are struggling with his all to early departure.

On the other hand, my best friend of almost 19 years, is having a baby today!! I get all emotional when I think about it because I still see us as naive high school students or reckless college kids. How did we get to the point where we are having children and getting married?! None the less, I am ecstatic for her and proud to be a new Auntie! Today is truly a day that shows the cycle of life and death. I suppose in an odd sort of way, it is a beautiful process. God seems to have a way of working things out. Until we meet again, dear reader...

1 comment: